TiLDA MK3/Firmware Update
Update your Tilda Mk3
This websites will help you to update your Tilda Mk3 badge. But be careful, following these instructions will delete all files and setting on your badge, so make sure you have copies of everything!
Before you start
You need to put your badge into DFU mode. To do this please press down the joystick button in the center while at the same time quickly pushing the reset button at the back.
Your screen should go white and then you'll now be ready to update your badge. Note: screen does not always go white, but should go into DFU mode, so if you do the right button presses try it and see.
Prerequisites needed for Mac OS X
1. XCode (from App Store)
2. Python & pip
- Homebrew method
- 1. Install Homebrew and Pip
brew install libusb
pip install libusb1 pyusb
- MacPorts method
- 1. Install MacPorts and Pip
sudo port install usbutils py-pip
- usbutils provides e.g. lsusb, useful for knowing if the badge is connected in DFU mode
sudo pip install libusb1 pyusb
3. Check that you're connected in DFU mode:
- Should output something like:
Bus 020 Device 002: ID 0483:df11 STMicroelectronics STM Device in DFU Mode
sudo python update.py
6. To get a shell:
Open a terminal and execute this line:
curl --silent --show-error --retry 5 https://update.badge.emfcamp.org/update.py | python
On a Windows PC, you will need to download the STMicroelectronics DfuSe USB device firmware updater software http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stsw-stm32080.html and use the 'Upgrade or Verify Action' part of the GUI to update the firmware instead.
- Install the STMMicroelectronics util from the link above.
- Download the firmware.dfu file from https://update.badge.emfcamp.org/firmware.dfu and save it off.
- Start up DfuSeDemo.exe, and click the 'Choose' button - select the firmware.dfu file and then hit 'Upgrade'
- Your firmware will now be updated.
Other Operating systems
To update your badge please download the following script and run it via python: update.py
If you know how to flash the badge yourself you can also download the DFU binary directly: firmware.dfu
Build your own version
If you want to build your own version of the firmware have a look here